Reporting to Barclay Firth, you will be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of a building project. This is an initial 12-month contract; on a self-employed basis, to be based within the HX7 postcode area (West Yorkshire).
Barclay Firth is a small, privately owned property development company based in Yorkshire. We have secured multiple projects and this project role could follow on to other projects following the initial contract period. More information about us can be found on our website.
Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role. Salary dependant on applicant qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day management - Manage and lead other members of the construction team on operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget, and quality constraints.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Project Manager on the Construction Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site utilising the agreed agency list.
- Carry out toolbox briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff.
- Fulfil the role of Temporary Works Co-Ordinator on the project
- Requisition all materials and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule.
- Effectively communicate with the Design Team to ensure the timely release of design information.
- Supervise, manage, and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on site ensuring they are engaged on target in line with the master programme.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health, and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
- Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
- Maintain close relations with the Project Manager and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations, and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Weekly review meetings with sub-contractors' team.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records.
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients, design team and neighbours.
- Continually develop knowledge of innovative construction techniques and products to enhance the business.
- Undertake all relevant training as required.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process of sub-contractors as and when required.
- Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
- Attend Industry dinners, functions, seminars etc. as required on behalf of the Company.
Day to Day Role
- Opening & closing site daily
- Checking site perimeters daily
- Checking welfare facilities daily - ensuring all facilities are in order, e.g. site loos to be serviced in time, checking waste management (skips, bins, site waste) refreshments…
- Daily walk site check on all sub-contractors
- Daily checking and managing car parking arrangements and ensuring all is complied with in accordance with Planning Conditions.
- Managing scaffolding and trad deck installation.
- Meeting with health and safety Consultant
- Arranging Building Control inspections and attending inspection meetings
- Attending inspection meetings with Warranty Provider
- Liaising with all sub-contractors on site with access into properties
- Procurement of all materials for site
- Managing all material deliveries and storage on site
- Check prices comparisons with between Building Merchants.
- Arranging for all hired plant onto and off site.
- Any other works required as agreed.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role.
To register your interest, please phone 07845 175 262 in the first instance or send an updated CV to [email protected].
Closing date: Friday 30th April 2021